In order to add subtitles in your video in Camtasia Studio, the easiest way is to prepare a text script in any text editor of your choice. Once the entire written script is prepared, the script can then be imported within the Camtasia Studio program to add the text in the script as the subtitles.
After adding the script to the Camtasia Studio program, using the written text as subtitles is just a matter of clicking between the script at the correct locations while previewing the video.
Using the instructions given below, you can easily import the scripts within Camtasia Studio, and can use the text in the script to add the subtitles to the video.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- Make sure that the script that should be used to add the subtitles has been written and proofread successfully.
- Double-click the Camtasia Studio 8.1 program icon to initialize the application.
- On the opened interface, use the correct procedure to import the video file to which the subtitles are to be added.
- After importing the file, drag it down to the timeline at the lower half section of the interface.
- From the toolbar just above the timeline, click More.
- From the displayed list, click Captions.
- Locate the text file that contains the script that is to be used to add the subtitles.
- Open the located file and select and copy the entire text that it contains.
- Back on the Camtasia Studio 8.1 interface, in the displayed caption interface at the above left corner of the window, paste the copied script.
- Once done, start playing the video from the preview window and keep clicking the location in the script from the left window, wherever you want to give the break and continue the subtitles from the next screen.
- Once done, you can save the video by using the Produce and Share option. You will have a separate .SRT file that can be mounted with the video to be used as its subtitle.