Just like other Windows-based applications, even MS PowerPoint also has some hotkeys which, when pressed, allow the users to enable or disable the features or functions instantaneously. When the Camtasia Studio 8.1 add-in is installed in MS PowerPoint, the hotkeys for the add-in are also present and activated by default.
With the help of these hotkeys, you can start/stop/pause the recording with just a few keystrokes. These default hotkey settings are ideal for most scenarios, and users are not required to modify them. On the other hand, the case might be different if the hotkeys that are by default configured for the Camtasia PowerPoint add-in have already been assigned to any other program earlier. In such cases, you can easily modify the hotkey combinations to assign a unique hotkey for each action that you want to trigger using the Camtasia Studio PowerPoint add-in.
By following the instructions given below, you can easily modify the default hotkeys assigned to the actions that the Camtasia Studio PowerPoint add-in offers:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- Ensure that the Camtasia Studio 8.1 program is installed.
- Also make sure that MS PowerPoint application is installed on the computer.
- Initialize MS PowerPoint.
- Open any existing presentation, or create a new one.
- On the opened interface, go to the ADD-INS tab.
- From the Custom Toolbars section, click the Camtasia Studio: Camtasia Studio recording options.
- On the opened Camtasia Studio Add-in Options box, under the Record hotkey section, check or uncheck the corresponding checkboxes, and choose the desired keys from the available drop-down lists to assign unique hotkeys for the desired actions.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Restart MS PowerPoint program to allow the changes to take effect.