This default configuration has been integrated into the application in order to allow the users to prepare the interactive tutorials as transparent as possible, so that the target audience can learn the things well. However if you are not comfortable with the default configuration, and do not want the application to record the system sounds while recording the movies, you can, by all means, easily disable this feature.
When this feature is disabled, the only audio that Camtasia Recorder will record will be the one that it listens via microphone. Also, disabling the feature does not require any elevated privileges, and therefore even the standard users (who are not the administrators of the computer) can get the job done without any hassle or complications.
Since recording the audio from its source is the task that is handled by Camtasia Recorder, it is better to make the adjustments in the program itself rather than looking for the configurations in the Camtasia Studio where the files are actually imported after they have been captured as movies using the Camtasia Recorder.
Note: If the MS PowerPoint Add-in of the Camtasia Studio has been integrated into the MS PowerPoint program, making any modifications in Camtasia Recorder related to recording the system output remains ineffective in the add-in. This being said, in order to configure the system output recording settings in MS PowerPoint, the settings must be configured in the add-in separately.
Below are the instructions using which you can easily stop the Camtasia Recorder from recording system audio while preparing the movies:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- Initialize the Camtasia Recorder program by double-clicking its icon, or by going to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder.
- On the opened Camtasia Recorder interface, from the Recording inputs section, click the down facing arrow next to the Audio on button.
- From the displayed list, uncheck the Record system audio option.
- Once done, you can start recording the movies and the screen captures without having the system audio included into the recorded files.
- Import the media in Camtasia Studio for further alterations and final production.