One such application that is used by most home users and professionals is Xilisoft Video Editor. Xilisoft Video Editor is a complete video editing tool that is capable of splitting, joining or cutting the video files and converting them to a different format while performing any of the said functions.
Since the application is also a video joiner, you can add multiple video files to its interface (where the actual files can also be of different formats), and can initialize the joining process. The final output that you will get once the process is complete will be the merged file which will have the added video files. Also, if you have configured the output settings with different file format, you will get the output file in the defined format.
The interface of Xilisoft Video Editor is pretty straightforward and requires no administrative intervention at all. This being said, even a standard user can perform alterations and modifications in the video files, provided the user has basic understanding of the audio codecs, video file formats, and other general settings that a complete video file may have.
Here’s what you need to do in order to merge multiple video files to one:
- Since no elevated privileges are required, log on to the computer using any account.
- Double-click the Xilisoft Video Editor icon to initialize the program.
- On the opened interface, click the Join button.
- On the new interface that appears, click the button that has + (plus) sign.
- On the opened Select one or more files box, browse and locate the folder where the files that are to be merged are stored.
- Click to select one or multiple files (press and hold the Ctrl key while clicking the video files individually to select multiple files) that are to be merged together.
- Once selected, click OK to add the selected files to the interface.
- You can drag and move the files from one place to another in the interface to adjust their sequence.
- Once you’re satisfied with the sequence, click the Join button from the bottom right corner of the window.
- On the opened Output Settings box, specify the filename in the File Name field.
- Under the Destination field, browse for the location where you want the merged file to be saved.
- Under the Profile section, choose the appropriate output file format and the audio and video quality as required.
- Once done, click the OK button to start the joining process.