One such application that is used by most home users, and sometimes by the professionals as well is Xilisoft Video Editor. With the help of this application, you can easily split or join the video files as per your requirements. Since this particular tutorial focuses on splitting a video file into multiple parts, it’s better to stick to the topic.
Xilisoft Video Editor can easily split your video files into multiple parts, and while splitting, it can also convert them into any other file format of your choice. The output files may also have the audio and video settings configured by you in the application before the splitting process actually
By following the steps given below, you can easily split a video file of your choice using the Xilisoft Video Editor. Here’s what you need to do:
- Since no elevated privileges are required, log on to the computer using any account.
- Double-click the Xilisoft Video Editor icon to initialize the program.
- On the opened interface, click the Split button.
- On the new interface that appears, click the button that has + (plus) sign.
- On the opened Open box, browse and locate the video file that you want to split.
- Once located, click to select the file and click Open.
- Once the file is loaded into the application, use the progress bar and its markers to set the
position from where the file is to be split.
- In order to set the positions place the markers and click the button with the lightening sign to lock various positions.
- When all the positions are locked, click the Split button at the bottom right corner of the interface.
- On the opened Output Settings box, specify the filename in the File Name field.
- Under the Destination field, browse for the location where you want the converted and split files to be saved.
- Click to select the Convert to another format radio button under the Profile section and choose the appropriate output file format and the audio and video quality as required.
- Once done, click the OK button to start the split and conversion process.