For most advanced Camtasia users, this configuration can work like a boon. On the other hand, if you are new to Camtasia and are not much aware about its interface, it is important that you leave the default settings intact according to which the program asks for the location and the file name every time you save a recorded file.
If you are facing the problem as mentioned in the topic, by following the instructions in this tutorial you can easily revert the settings back to default where the program will start asking you for the file name before you attempt to save a recorded file.
The instructions given in this tutorial do not require any administrative intervention or elevated privileges. Therefore you’re not required to logon to the administrator account to get the job done.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, make sure that the General tab is selected.
- On the displayed interface, under the Saving section, click the File options button.
- On the opened File Options box, click to select the Ask for file name radio button.
- Once done, click OK.
- Back on the Tools Options box, click OK to save the changes and close the box.
- To be on the safer side, restart the program to allow the changes to take effect before you start using it normally.