If you are used to the 3 seconds of countdown while using Camtasia Recorder, you might find yourself uncomfortable without it. If such is the case, this particular tutorial is just for you. By following the instructions given in this tutorial, you can easily get the default countdown back that is displayed before the program starts capturing the movie and the audio.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, go to the Program tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the Workflow section, check the Show countdown before recording checkbox.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes and to close the Tools Options box.
- Back on the previous interface, click the rec button in red to start the countdown before the screen starts getting captured.
- If the problem persists, restart the program or computer to allow the changes to take effect.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that you keep the default settings, i.e. you should keep the countdown feature enabled that should give you the exact boundary of time as when you should start speaking finally into the microphone and performing the required activities on the computer screen. If somehow the option is disabled, do not try to avoid the situation and follow the instructions given above as soon as possible in order to re-enable the feature and get the optimum performance and the best output.