Because the Camtasia Recorder is a versatile program with the sophisticated features and tools integrated in it, you can easily minimize the program to the system tray of the computer which is available at the bottom right corner of the screen at the end of the taskbar. When you configure your program this way, as soon as the recording starts, the Camtasia Recorder interface automatically minimizes and gets hidden somewhere within the system tray.
By following the instructions given below, you can configure your instance of Camtasia Recorder to hide automatically to the system tray rather than going to the taskbar.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, go to the Program tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the Minimize section choose the System tray option from the Minimize to drop-down list.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes and to close the Tools Options box.
- To be on the safer side, restart the program before testing the new settings.