However the fact still remains the same that there are millions of users using the program, and many people might get the idea of recording the movies using the stereo audio. Considering this, the developers have added various stereo options within the audio settings of the program. In order to use the stereo audio while recording/capturing the movies using the Camtasia Recorder, you as an end-user, are required to make some minor adjustments in the program.
In this tutorial you will learn how you can configure your instance of Camtasia Recorder to record the audio input and produce a stereo output. Like other settings that you configure in Camtasia Recorder or Camtasia Studio, even this one also does not require any administrative intervention and therefore no elevated privileges are needed in order to make the modifications in the program.
By following the instructions given below you can configure the settings as described above:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, go to the Inputs tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the Audio section, make sure that the correct microphone device is selected in the Audio device drop-down list.
- After verifying, click the Audio settings button.
- On the displayed Audio Format box, choose any of the available stereo settings from the
Attributes drop-down list.
- Click the Save As button to save this configuration for future use.
- Once done, click OK to save the settings and to close the Audio Format box.
- Back on the Tools Options box, click OK again.
- If required, restart the Camtasia Recorder program to allow the changes to take effect.