The above configuration can be done if the performers and artists are smart enough to manage such sophisticated settings. As per the default configuration, every time Camtasia Recorder records/captures a movie, the movie is automatically added and played in the preview window as soon as the recording completes. With the help of this default setting, it becomes easier for the users to assess the quality of the recorded movie. In case they do not find the quality of the movie up to the mark, they can easily delete it from the preview window itself, and can start capturing the same thing again with more efficiency.
If you are facing the problem as discussed in the title, it clearly says that somebody has modified the settings manually. If you are not comfortable with the settings, it is easy to revert the configuration back to the default, and start using the Camtasia Recorder normally as it is used when it is installed as a fresh instance.
By following the instructions given below, you can allow the Camtasia Recorder to play the captured movies within the preview window rather than sending them directly to the Camtasia Studio timeline.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, go to the Program tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the Workflow section, choose the Save option
from the Do this with my recording drop-down list.
- Under the same Workflow section, uncheck the Hide preview window after recording is stopped checkbox.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes and close the Tools Options box.
- If required, and to be on the safer side, restart the Camtasia Recorder program to allow the changes to take effect.
- Start using Camtasia Recorder normally after it restarts.