Many times the artists and performers deliberately do so in order to make the pointer of the mouse eye-catching, which further helps the audience to locate the movement of the mouse easily. With the help of such approach, it becomes easier for the viewers to learn the things easily and in innovative form. However if you are not compatible with the type of mouse pointer that is displayed on the computer screen when the movie is recorded, you can revert the settings back to default.
This tutorial precisely explains how you can take the settings back to default and get the default mouse pointer when the movies are recorded.
NOTE: If the default settings of mouse pointer shape have been modified, you will be able to notice the changes only when you try to play the recorded/captured movie file. During the process of capturing/recording the movies using the Camtasia Recorder (even when the default cursor shape settings have been modified), you will see the default cursor whatsoever.
By following the instructions given below, you will be able to revert the mouse pointer settings back to default, and get the default cursor shape for the captured movies using Camtasia Recorder:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Effects menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- From the opened Effects Options box, go to the Cursor tab.
- Uncheck the Make cursor effects editable in Camtasia Studio checkbox.
- Under the Cursor section, click to select the Use actual cursor radio button.
- Once this is done, click the OK to save the changes and to close the Effects Options box.
- To be on the safer side, close and reopen the Camtasia Recorder program.
- Start recording the movie and try to move the mouse while capturing.
- Stop the recording by pressing the F10 key.
- In the automatically played movie, you will notice that the cursor is back to default.