Well!! In this tutorial you will learn to negate this general perception. Of course you will not be learning any magic while going through this text but you will definitely learn how to use the guesswork when things are not in the language that you recognize or understand.
In order to get the VLC Player default language back, all you are required to do is that you need to follow the steps and instructions given in this tutorial exactly the way they are mentioned. Since you will be using the guesswork, make sure that you do not miss any step or make a wrong move as doing so may lead you to a different problem which might not be as easy as this one.
Assuming that only the VLC Player default language is set to something other than English, and the Windows default language is still the same, here’s what you need to do to get the VLC Player default language back to normal:
- Log on to the computer using the account on which you are experiencing this problem in VLC Player.
- Initialize VLC Player by double-clicking its icon or by opening any video or audio file in the application.
- On the opened interface, click the 3[super]rd[/super] last menu from the menu bar. (The 3[super]rd[/super] last menu is the Tools menu and it will remain the same regardless of the language that is set for the VLC Player.).
- From the displayed list, click the last option available as this is the one that will take you to the Preferences box. (In any case, you can always press Ctrl+P buttons simultaneously on your keyboard to jump right to the Preference box regardless of the language that has been set for your VLC Player.).
- On the opened box, from the left pane, make sure that the very first category is selected.
- From the right pane, look for the topmost drop-down list.
- From the very first (topmost) drop-down list displayed in the right pane, choose the topmost option. (This is the Auto option that is configured for the program by default.).
- Once this is done, click the left button available at the bottom of the interface in the right pane. (This is the Save button.).
- Back on the VLC Player interface, close the program and reopen it to get the default VLC Player language back.