In most cases, the artists and performers leave this default configuration intact, and they do not make any modifications at all. On the other hand there might be some exceptional cases where users want the interface of the application to remain visible during the entire recording session. In order to accomplish this, such users change the default settings of the Camtasia Recorder and set it to remain visible.
Morally, it is expected that if a user has modified the default settings in any application, which also includes Camtasia Recorder, the settings must be reverted back to the default after the user has finished working with the program. However if this is not the case with your instance of Camtasia
Recorder, you can easily revert the settings back to default on your own, hence allowing the program to hide the interface as soon as you start recording. Making such modifications does not require any elevated privileges, and therefore no administrative intervention is required whatsoever.
By following the steps given below, you can easily revert the Camtasia Recorder settings which enforces the program to minimize while recording/capturing the movie files.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using any account since no administrative intervention is required.
- Double-click the Camtasia Recorder icon to initialize the program. You can also go to the Start > All Programs > TechSmith > Camtasia Recorder to start the application.
- On the opened interface, click the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed menu, click Options.
- On the opened Tools Options box, go to the Program tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the Minimize section, choose the If recorder will be
recorded option from the Minimize recorder drop-down list.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes that you have made and to close the Tools Options box.
- If required, restart the program to allow the changes to take effect.
- After the program restarts, start recording/capturing the movie. The modifications will be reflected and the interface will be minimize automatically as soon as the recording starts.