Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is a complete software with several sophisticated features integrated into a single program to make it a one-stop-shop for every action related to voice recognition and text. The program has a built-in feature using which you can easily exploit the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, which also includes making the program speak out the written text.
In order to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 as a text-to-speech software, it is important that you copy the text that is to be spoken out onto the clipboard. The things can get even easier if you copy the desired text onto a separate MS Word file. When you do so, all you need to do is that you need to select a paragraph or the entire document that you want Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 to speak out loud and select the appropriate option to get started.
Although there can be many other text-to-speech voice engines available online that can be integrated into the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program, even the default engine that is automatically installed along with the program works pretty well when it comes to speaking the text loud.
Making the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 to speak out the given text does not require any elevated privileges and therefore no administrative intervention is required in order to get the task done. You can simply log on to your user account (even if it is a non-administrator account), initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, open the target document file, select the desired text, and choose the appropriate option to initialize the text-to-speech feature of the application.
Here’s what you need to do and how it should be done:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Open the target document and select the required text that is to be spoken out.
- On the opened interface that is automatically and by default docked at the top of the monitor screen, click the Audio menu.
- From the displayed list, click the Read That option.
- You will notice that Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 has started reading the selected text.
- Once the selected text in the document is read by the program, it stops reading and automatically gets prepared to accept the voice commands or dictations.
- In order to break in between, you can press the Esc any time during the text-to-speech process.