While using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, many times new users are not able to understand if the program has actually recognized the spoken text, phrase or command. In such cases, the users keep waiting for the Dragon to respond back, where at the program’s end, it has not even recognized the given command or text at all. As a result, an ample amount of time is wasted unnecessarily, and it also leaves the end users in a frustrated state of mind.
In order to avoid the above discussed scenarios, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 allows the users to enable a beep. When this beep feature is enabled, every time the program recognizes any given word, phrase or command, it initiates a beep that helps users know that the application has recognized the speech and is now ready to transcribe it.
This feature is useful for the new users, and also for the ones who have poor visibility. In your case, if this feature has been accidentally or deliberately enabled within Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, you can follow the instructions given in this tutorial to disable it and revert the settings back to default.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Once initialized, make sure that the user profile on which you are facing the problem is successfully loaded and is ready to use.
- From the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 interface, go to the Tools menu.
- From the displayed list, click Options.
- On the opened Options box, go to the View tab.
- From the displayed interface, under the Results Box section, uncheck the Beep after
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Close the current user profile and reopen it to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the problem persists, exit the entire application or restart the computer and then try again.