This default location and behavior of the interface of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is set keeping in mind most users’ feasibility in the ideal scenarios. However the situations may differ in some cases. Sometimes users may not want Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 interface to be available at the top of the computer screen. Instead, they may want the interface to remain floating, which means that they can move the interface from one position to another as per their conveniences, or they might also want the interface to remain entirely hidden altogether. In the latter case, they can set the visibility to ‘Tray Icon only’.
In your case this might have been done by you or any user either accidentally or deliberately respectively. That is, somehow the interface of the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 might have been set to ‘Tray Icon only’.
In order to rectify the issue, all you need to do is that you need to set the position of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 interface back to normal.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Assuming that you’re not able to view the interface of the initialized program as its position has been set to Tray Icon only, right-click the available icon of the program in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the displayed list, click the Restore Previous DragonBar Mode.
- You will notice that the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 interface has been restored to its default position, i.e. at the top of the computer screen instantaneously.
- To cross check that the modified settings are permanent, exit Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 program.
- After exiting, reinitialize the application to verify the stability in its nature.
- Although not at all required, and neither is it mandatory, it is always a good practice is to restart the computer after making any modifications in the program and before you start using it.