Modifying the automatic update settings is an administrative task, you must provide the administrator’s credentials to change the configuration. If you are logged on to the computer using the administrator account, the User Account Control will display a ‘prompt for consent’ box. You'll have to click the ‘Yes’ button to allow the modifications to take place.
If you are logged on with a standard user account, the User Account Control will display a ‘prompt for credentials’ box where you are required to provide the administrator’s username and password to continue with the configuration.
By following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to re-enable the settings in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 to make the program check for updates when you start it.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using administrator account.
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Once initialized, close the automatically loaded user profile by going to Profile > Close User Profile.
- Once the profile is closed, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, go to Administrative Settings.
- On the displayed User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to continue. (You might be required to provide administrator’s credentials if the User Account Control prompts
- On the opened Administrative Settings box, make share that the Miscellaneous tab is selected.
- From the displayed interface, check the Check for product updates at startup checkbox.
- Click OK when done.
- Restart Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the issue persists, restart the computer and then try again.