Since Dragon NaturallySpeaking is unable to transcribe the hissing noise, it accepts it as ‘Is’. Because Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 has a built-in smart feature that keeps learning the vocabulary on its own, it learns the hissing sound as well. After it has learned the sound, every time the microphone catches any said sound while Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is active, it automatically adds the sound assuming that it is something that the user has said and is to be typed as a dictation.
Since the hissing sound is merged into the Dragon NaturallySpeaking user profile, it is really a tedious job to remove this instance from the program in order to allow the application to forget the noise. In such situations, it is always a good idea to delete the existing user profile and create a new one right from the scratch.
In this tutorial you will learn how to delete an existing user profile and create a new one. Here’s what you need to do:
- Initialize the Dragon NaturallySpeaking program double-clicking its icon.
- On the displayed interface of the program at the top, click the Profile menu.
- From the displayed list, click the Close User Profile option to close the currently loaded user profile.
NOTE: Do not bother saving the most recent changes in the user profile if any such confirmation box is displayed.
- Once the user profile is closed, click the Profile menu again.
- From the displayed list, go to the Manage User Profiles option this time.
- On the opened Manage User Profiles box, from the User Profile list, click to select the one that you want to remove.
- Once selected, click the Delete button at the right side of the box.
- Provide your consent to continue with the deletion process if you are prompted via any confirmation box.
- Once the existing profile is deleted, go to the Profile menu once again.
- From the displayed menu, click the New User Profile option this time.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new user profile that is error free and has no complications.