When this happens, you are required to change the non-contextual words and retype the correct terms manually. This is really a tedious and time taking process, and while using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 which is a versatile and sophisticated application in itself, it sounds really illogical.
Even the developers of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 understand this issue and therefore they have developed the program in such a way that it allows the end users to add their own vocabulary as per their needs. While adding new words to the vocabulary, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 also allows the users to train the program as how the words are pronounced, and what the application should type during dictations. In this case, you are just required to type the desired word in the given field, and speak the word into the microphone just once or twice. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 then automatically adapts the way you speak the word and its spellings that you have typed. Once this entire process is complete, you can speak the business specific words into the microphone which the program will type without any errors.
Here’s what you need to do to add the custom words to the vocabulary, and train the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 to type them when spoken into the microphone:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Make sure that the user profile on which you want to add the new word is successfully loaded and is ready to use.
- Once done, go to the Vocabulary menu from the displayed interface.
- From the available list, click Add new word or phrase option.
- On the opened Add new word or phrase box, in the Spell or type the word(s) to add to the vocabulary field, type the business specific word that you would like to add.
- In the Spoken form (if different) field type the way the word is spoken if it is different from the typed spellings.
- Make sure that the I want to train the pronunciation of this word or phrase checkbox is checked.
- Click OK when done.
- On the opened Train Words box, ensure that the typed word is displayed in the available box.
- Click the Go button and speak the given word into the microphone.
- Click Done when done.
- You can now start using the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, and can dictate the newly added word along with other words in the dictation.