Although it is strongly suggested that the modifications in the user profile must always be saved as discussed above, there might be instances where you do not want to be prompted to get the job done every time you close the profile or exit the application. In these situations, you can use the built-in feature of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 using which you can configure the program to automatically save the user profile before closing it. When you enable this feature, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 no longer asks you to save the user profile, and it saves the changes in the profile automatically in the background before finally closing the profile or exiting the application.
Configuring Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 this way does not require any elevated privileges, and therefore no administrative intervention is required. This further means that you can configure your instance of the program and the user profile using your standard (non-administrator) user account as well.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Once initialized, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar on the opened interface of the program.
- From the displayed list, click the Options option.
- On the opened Options box, go to the Miscellaneous tab.
- On the displayed interface, under the When the User Profile Closes section, check the Automatically save the profile changes checkbox.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- Once the Options box is closed, close the user profile that is currently loaded.
- Reopen the profile, make some dictations, and then close the profile again to verify the modified settings.
- If the changes are not reflected, exit the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 application or restart the computer and then try again.