In case the user fails to configure the sidebar settings when it is loaded for the first time, the steps given in this tutorial can be followed to disable the sidebar from within the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 interface itself.
Although the Dragon Sidebar can be easily disabled or enabled as per the requirements, it is suggested and recommended that the sidebar should be left enabled. With the help of the sidebar, you, as an end-user, can gain access to multiple commands and options right from your desktop, and the requirement of digging into the interface and going through several boxes and options to gain access to certain features is completely eliminated.
If you want to disable the enabled Dragon Sidebar in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0, you must follow the steps exactly the way they are given below:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Make sure that the user profile from where you want to disable the Dragon Sidebar is successfully loaded and is ready to use.
- Once verified, click the Tools menu from the menu bar from the interface available at the top of the computer screen.
- From the displayed list, go to Options.
- From the opened Options box, go to the Miscellaneous tab.
- From the displayed interface, under the When the User Profile Opens section, uncheck the Show the Dragon Sidebar checkbox.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Close the current user profile and reopen it to allow the changes to take effect.
- If you are still able to see the sidebar, exit the entire application or restart the computer and then try again.