Another very important task that you must perform after creating a new profile in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is to export the profile to a different location, maybe on a separate hard disk drive if possible. This would help you import the profile back on any other computer on which you wish to install the program. Also, if due to any reason, your current user profile crashes or gets corrupted, you can import the exported profile and get the things back to running state.
As a best practice, you should export your profile to a different location at least once in a week. By doing so, you can remain sure that if anything goes wrong with the running profile, you can delete the corrupted profile and can import the exported one instantaneously. This way you can save your ample of time that you would spend otherwise if you had to create a new user profile right from the scratch.
By following the instructions given below, you can easily back up and export your existing user profile to a different location.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- If the user profile that you want to back up and export is loaded, close it by going to Profile > Close User Profile.
- Once this is done, go to Profile > Manage User Profiles.
- On the opened Manage User Profiles box, click to select the target profile in the User Profile list.
- After selecting, click the Advanced button in the right pane.
- From the displayed menu, click Backup to back up the selected user profile.
- Once done, click Advanced button again.
- From the displayed menu, this time choose the Export option.
- On the opened Browse For Folder box, choose the target folder where you want to export
the selected user profile.
- Click OK to select the target location and to start the export process.
- Once the process completes, you can then load the user profile and start working with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 normally.