When Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is installed on a computer, the feature of automatically adding punctuations to the dictated documents is disabled by default. Because of this, you, as an end user, are required to speak the punctuations like commas or periods (.) into the microphone while dictating the contents. The downside of keeping this feature disabled is that you need to keep your dictated sentences in mind while doing so in order to avoid skipping any punctuation mark when and where it is needed. On the other hand, the positive aspect is that you get the complete control over your document and you can place the punctuation marks as per your convenience and business needs.
As said above, Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 also allows you to enable the auto punctuation feature. When the feature is enabled, you are no longer required to speak the commas and periods while dictating your documents and emails into the microphone. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.0 automatically places the punctuations at the right locations in the dictated texts according to its built-in intelligence.
Enabling or disabling the auto punctuation feature in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 is a user specific task which means that the feature must be enabled for the profiles individually. This being said, no administrative intervention or elevated privileges are required to get the job done.
By following the instructions described in this tutorial, you will be able to enable the auto punctuation feature in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0.
Here is what you need to do:
- Initialize Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 by double-clicking its icon.
- Make sure that the user profile on which you want to enable auto punctuation is loaded. (If any other profile is loaded, close the profile and load the one in which you want to enable the feature.).
- From the displayed interface at the top of the screen, go to the Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, go to Auto-Formatting Options.
- On the opened Auto-Formatting box, check the Automatically add commas and periods checkbox.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
- Close the opened user profile and reopen it to allow the changes to take effect.
- If you are still not able to experience the changes, restart Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.0 or the computer system and then try again.