If you are unable to view the Desktop folder, or any other such container which the ‘BROWSER’ interface should display by default, it is obvious that someone with insufficient knowledge about the program has messed with the software, and has ended up misconfiguring Virtual DJ. Although you can reset your instance of program to the factory settings, this approach might revert all your personal configurations back to the default, and you might need to reconfigure all the settings right from the scratch to bring the software back up to the state where you normally work.
Apart from the reverting Virtual DJ back to the factory settings, you can also bring back the missing Desktop folder individually. In this tutorial you will learn how you can do so, and what things you need in order to get the job done. By following the instructions given in this tutorial, you can easily bring back the Desktop or any other missing folder to the ‘BROWSER’ section of the Virtual DJ program.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer on which Virtual DJ is installed.
- Initialize the Virtual DJ application by double-clicking its icon. (In most cases shortcut icon of
Virtual DJ is automatically placed on the desktop.).
- From the opened interface, click the CONFIG button present at the top of the Virtual DJ window.
- On the opened Settings box, go to the Browser tab.
- From the available checkboxes under the Browser list, check the ones that are missing in the BROWSER section on the Virtual DJ’s main window.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- Back on the Virtual DJ’s main window, click the BROWSER button from the lower section of the interface.
- You will notice that the folders that were missing previously are now again available.
NOTE: If you keep the ‘BROWSER’ section open in the lower section of the Virtual DJ interface and try to add the missing containers from the ‘Settings’ box, you will notice that as soon as you check the checkboxes of the missing containers, the containers become visible in the main interface of the program instantaneously, i.e. without even clicking the ‘OK’ button.