However, if the situation is not as discussed above, and the Orbit Downloader does not automatically initiate the file downloading process when any website is opened in Google Chrome, you are required to configure the application so that it can be integrated with the said web browser.
After following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to configure the Orbit Downloader so that it can be integrated with the Google Chrome, or any other web browser that has already been installed on the computer but is not mapped with the Orbit Downloader.
In order to complete the task successfully, you are not required to have any administrative rights on the computer. If you are using a standard user account (non-administrator account), you can still get the job done without any hitch or glitch. All you need to do is that you need to know the proper place from where you can configure your instance of Orbit Downloader. You are also required to know the name of the web browser that you want to integrate with the download manager.
Here is how you can do so:
- Log on to the computer on which Orbit Downloader is installed.
- Initialize the Orbit Downloader program if it was not already started during the Windows boot process.
- Once initialized, right-click the Orbit Downloader icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the computer screen.
- From the displayed context menu, go to Preferences.
- On the opened Preferences box, from the left pane, click to select the Monitoring category.
- From the right pane, under the Browser integration section, check the Chrome checkbox.
- If required, check the other checkboxes representing the other web browsers as well.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- If the corresponding web browsers were open, restart them.
- Also, restart the Orbit Downloader program in order to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the target web browsers are still not integrated properly with the Orbit Downloader, restart the computer and then try again.