When you reset the Orbit Downloader application back to the factory settings, all the manually configured modifications are gone, and the program starts behaving as if its fresh copy was installed on the computer right at that very moment.
Considering the above, if you have made numerous modifications in your instance of Orbit Downloader program, it would not be a good idea to reset the application back to the factory settings for any small issue. You should always try to reverse the last made configuration in your instance of Orbit Downloader if you think that the application is performing obnoxiously because of it.
You should consider restoring the program back to the factory settings only if you are unable to guess the misconfigured options in the application, and you are not very sure as how you can get the Orbit Downloader back to the working condition once again.
After following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to reset your instance of Orbit Downloader back to the factory settings.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer on which Orbit Downloader is installed.
- Initialize the Orbit Downloader program if it was not already started during the Windows boot process.
- Once initialized, right-click the Orbit Downloader icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the computer screen.
- From the displayed context menu, go to Preferences.
- On the opened Preferences box, do not worry about the selected category in the left pane. (By default, when the Preferences box is opened, the General category is selected.).
- From the right pane, click the Restore default settings button from the bottom of the interface.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- To be on the safer side, restart the computer in order to allow the changes to take effect.
Note: Make sure that you really want to restore your instance of Orbit Downloader back to the default settings. Since when you press the ‘Restore default settings’ button as instructed in the above steps you are not displayed with any confirmation box, in case you rest the button accidentally, all your manually configured settings might be lost.