As the title of this tutorial says, if your instance of Orbit Downloader initializes its main window every time the computer starts and you log on to your user account, it simply means that the corresponding option has been enabled either manually or automatically on purpose or accidentally. In the latter case, i.e. if the feature has been modified automatically or accidentally, possible reason can be any incompatible application that you might have installed on your computer.
Whatsoever the case may be, if you do not wish to view the Orbit Downloader main window during the computer startup, you can revert the settings back to default, and can prevent the main window from getting displayed. An additional advantage of having this type of configuration is that the additional memory consumption can be prevented hence expediting the boot process which is not the case when the program is configured otherwise.
After following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to configure the Orbit Downloader in a way so it no longer displays the main window on the computer screen every time the Windows boots.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer on which Orbit Downloader is installed.
- Assuming that the Orbit Downloader automatically initialized during Windows boot process, on the opened Orbit window, go to Tools menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, go to Preferences.
- On the opened Preferences box, from the left pane, ensure that the General category is selected.
- When the right pane, uncheck the Show main window on startup checkbox.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- Restart the computer in order to allow the changes to take effect and to view the modified Orbit Downloader settings.