By default the Winamp player is configured to switch to the Video window automatically and instantaneously as soon as any video file is played. However, if your case is different and if you are facing the issue that is mentioned in the title of this tutorial, it means that the configuration that directly affects the Video window in the player has been modified either by any incompatible application, or by any novice user who is not well versed with the interface of the application.
In either case, the configuration is not irreversible. You can easily revert the settings back to normal, provided you follow the instructions exactly the way they are given in this tutorial.
Here is what you need to do in order to automatically switch to the Video window as soon as any video file is played in the Winamp player:
- Log on to the computer using any account.
- After logging on, initialize the Winamp player application by double-clicking its icon.
- Assuming that all other default configuration are intact, click the Options menu from the menu bar of the opened interface.
- From the displayed list, go to Preferences.
- On the opened Winamp Preferences box, from the left pane, click to select the Video category under the Playlist tree.
- From the right pane, under the Video Playback section, check the Display the video window when video playback begins checkbox.
- Once checked, click the Close button from the bottom of the left pane in the Winamp Preferences box.
- Restart the Winamp player in order to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the changes are still not reflected in your instance of Winamp player, restart the computer and then try again.