The developers of the Orbit Downloader understand this issue and therefore they added a system in the program using which the users can prevent the Orbit Downloader from automatically downloading the files from the untrusted websites. All they need to do is that they need to add the URL of the target website to the exclusion list and they are done.
When multiple URLs or websites are to be blocked this way, each URL or website is to be separated from the other one with the help of a semicolon (;). Once the URL or website is added to the exclusion list, the Orbit Downloader program and the corresponding web browser must be restarted in order to allow the changes to take effect.
After following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to prevent your instance of Orbit Downloader from automatically downloading the unwanted files from the untrusted websites.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer on which Orbit Downloader is installed.
- Initialize the Orbit Downloader program if it was not already started during the Windows boot process.
- Once initialized, right-click the Orbit Downloader icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of the computer screen.
- From the displayed context menu, go to Preferences.
- On the opened Preferences box, from the left pane, click to select the Monitoring category.
- From the right pane, under the Don’t start downloading automatically from the following sites field, add a semicolon at the end of the list of the URLs that are already listed, and type the URL of the untrusted website.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- If the corresponding web browser is open, close and reopen it.
- Restart the Orbit Downloader in order to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the modifications are still not reflected, restart the computer and then try again.