With the help of the TuneUp Utilities icon in the notification area, you can easily access various sections and features of the application without going through the lengthy process of initializing the program, and then going to the particular section that you want to visit or modify.
This being said, it is always recommended that you keep the TuneUp Utilities icon enabled in the notification area in order to easily manage the application and optimize the Windows without any overhead. On the other hand, if you do not want the notification area of your Windows to get overpopulated with several icons of the running processes and programs in the background, you can disable the TuneUp Utilities icon.
If the TuneUp Utilities icon is removed from the notification area of the computer, this doesn’t mean that the application would not run in the background. It is just that you will not be able to access some features directly, as is the case when the notification area icon is enabled.
Here is how you can disable the TuneUp Utilities icon from the notification area of your computer:
- Using the credentials of the administrator account, log on to the computer from which you want to disable the TuneUp Utilities icon from the notification area.
- After logging on, initialize the TuneUp Utilities application. (TuneUp Utilities 2014 is used for this demonstration.).
- On the opened User Account Control confirmation box, click the Yes button to provide your consent to continue with the application initialization process.
- On the opened interface, click the Settings option from the top.
- On the opened TuneUp Utilities settings box, from the left pane, click to select the Notification area icon category.
- From the right pane, click to select the Never radio button to permanently remove the TuneUp Utilities icon from the notification area.
- Alternatively, you can also choose the Only in certain cases radio button, and check or uncheck the enabled checkboxes as per your individual preferences.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- In order to view the modified settings, restart the computer.