Considering the above consequences, it is really important that your Windows optimization application (TuneUp Utilities in this case) must be configured to automatically check for the most recent updates that are released by the developers from time to time. If your instance of the application is not behaving so, it definitely requires your immediate attention, and you must re-enable the automatic update check feature in the program as soon as possible.
Since the TuneUp Utilities application accesses the system protected files and various secured locations, it requires administrative rights to initialize. Even in this example, if your instance of TuneUp Utilities is unable to check for the updates, and you want to rectify the issue, you must initialize the application under the elevated privileges (using administrator account).
Here is what you need to do:
- Using the administrator account, log on to the computer on which you want to configure the TuneUp Utilities application to check for updates automatically.
- After logging on, initialize the TuneUp Utilities program. (TuneUp Utilities 2014 is used for this demonstration.).
- On the displayed User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to provide your consent to continue.
- On the opened interface, go to the Settings option present at the top of the window.
- On the TuneUp Utilities settings box, from the left pane, click to select the Update check category.
- From the right pane, check the Automatically check for updates checkbox.
- Under the Update notifications section, from the available drop-down list, choose the appropriate time interval when you want the TuneUp Utilities application to notify you about the available updates.
- Since the automatic updates were disabled for a while, it is recommended that you click the Check for updates now button to check for the latest updates instantaneously.
- Wait till the latest updates are being verified, and once they are, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
- Once the entire process is complete, click the OK button to save the changes that you have made.
- To be on the safer side, restart the computer before you start using it.