Since the system drive plays a vital role when it comes to booting up the computer and starting the Windows, it is strongly suggested and recommended that the drive must never be overpopulated with unnecessary data, and its space must be kept free as much as possible in order to allow the system files to work efficiently and smoothly.
However if you leave the default configuration of HIDOWNLOAD intact, and let the application save all the downloaded files in the system drive, sooner or later you will end up having a fully consumed system partition with very less or no free space left. As a result, the copy of Windows installed on your computer would stop performing efficiently and you would experience heavy degradation in its performance.
Therefore, in order to avoid the above situations, it is important that you change the default download folder of the HIDOWNLOAD application, and save the downloaded files to the location other than C:\.
Here is how you can do so:
- Using the administrator account, log on to the computer that has HIDOWNLOAD installed on it, and you want to change its default download location.
- After logging on, right-click the HIDOWNLOAD icon from the notification area present at the bottom right corner of the window.
- From the displayed context menu, go to Options.
- On the opened Options box, from the left pane, click to select the Default category.
- From the right pane, click the build button (button with … symbol) of the Save to field.
- On the opened Browse For Folder box, browse and locate the target folder where you want HIDOWNLOAD to save the downloaded files by default.
- Once done, click OK to select the folder.
- Back on the Options box, click OK again to save the changes that you have made.
- Restart the application in order to allow the changes to take effect