When you visit YouTube while keeping the HIDOWNLOAD Sniffer on, and the site starts playing any video advertisement, the Sniffer automatically detects the advertisement video and starts downloading it without your consent. This is the default configuration which might lead the default location of the hard disk drive to run out of space, and most of the files that the Sniffer had downloaded would be the advertising videos and would be of no use at all.
To avoid such situations, it is important that you disable the default behavior of the HIDOWNLOAD Sniffer, and configure the application to prompt you, or wait for your approval before it actually starts downloading the streaming videos after they have been detected on the websites.
Here is how you can get the job done:
- Log on to the computer using the administrator account.
- Make sure that the computer has the HIDOWNLOAD application installed on it, and the Sniffer program is working properly.
- After logging on, right-click the HIDOWNLOAD icon from the bottom right corner of the screen (notification area).
- From the displayed context menu, go to the Options option.
- On the opened Options box, from the left pane, click to select the Sniffer category from the bottom of the displayed list.
- From the right pane, uncheck the Download automatically checkbox.
- Once this is done, click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the HIDOWNLOAD application to allow the changes to take effect.
- If the downloading still starts automatically, restart the computer and then try again.