Of course you can configure your instance of VMware Workstation to open the virtual machines in the full-screen mode whenever you power them on. The benefit of opening the virtual machines in the full-screen mode is that you can work on the guest operating systems quite freely and smoothly, and get the feel as if you were working on a full-fledged physical computer.
Also, when you switch a virtual machine in the VMware Workstation to the full-screen mode, all the objects (the files, folders, and the drives) are displayed clearly and are big in size, which makes it easier for you to work with them. While working on more than one virtual machine in full-screen mode, you can switch between the VMs by clicking the left or right arrows that become visible on the top of the screen of the virtual machine when the mouse is hovered.
On the other hand, the drawback of initializing the virtual machines directly in the full-screen mode is that you are not able to make additional adjustments to the virtual machine settings, which is otherwise possible when the VMs are initialized in the console window mode. However, if you configure your instance of VMware Workstation to initialize the virtual machines in the full-screen mode, you can always switch the display of your virtual machines to the console window mode by clicking the restore button that also becomes available at the top of the screen when the mouse is hovered.
After understanding the benefits and consequences of initializing the virtual machines in the full-screen mode, if you want to configure your instance of VMware Workstation that way, the steps given in this tutorial will help you through the process.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log on to the computer using the administrator account.
- Initialize the VMware Workstation application by double-clicking its icon.
- From the displayed interface, from the Sidebar in the left, click to select the virtual machine that you want to initialize in the full-screen mode when powered on.
- Go to the VM menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, go to the Settings option.
- On the opened Virtual Machine Settings box, go to the Options tab.
- On the displayed interface, from the left, click to select the Power category.
- From the right pane, under the Power options section, check the Enter full screen mode after powering on.
- Once done, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- Once the Virtual Machine Settings box is close, power on the selected virtual machine. The virtual machine should automatically enter into the full-screen mode after it is powered on.