Apart from the instantaneous initialization of the send/receive process of the emails in MS Outlook 2013, the program also keeps initializing the same process within every 30 minutes if the computer is connected to the Internet continuously. This means that the MS Outlook 2013 is configured to initialize the send and receive process within every 30 minutes by default.
However, in your case, if this initialization process is not very frequent, i.e. the emails are not checked within 30 minutes, the default configuration of your instance of the program has been modified, and the application needs to be reconfigured and the settings must be reverted back to the default state.
After following the instructions given in this tutorial, you will be able to configure your instance of MS Outlook 2013 to initialize the send/receive process within every 30 minutes (or even lesser). Make sure that you have decent Internet connection speed before you configure the MS Outlook 2013 to check for the emails within the time interval that is less than 30 minutes. If you configure the application to check for the emails within every 15 to 20 minutes, and the Internet connection speed is not up to the mark, you might experience a very slow web browsing or other Internet related activities.
Here is how you can rectify the above discussed issue:
- Log on to the computer on which the MS Outlook 2013 application is installed and is
experiencing the above discussed issues.
- Initialize the MS Outlook 2013 program by double-clicking its icon.
- On the opened interface, go to the FILE tab.
- From the displayed list, go to the Options option.
- On the opened Outlook Options box, from the left pane, click to select the Advanced category.
- From the right pane, under the Send and receive section, ensure that the Send immediately when connected checkbox is checked.
- Click the Send/Receive button.
- On the opened Send/Receive Groups box, from the displayed list, make sure that the All Accounts option is selected.
- Under the Settings for group “All Accounts” section, check the Schedule an automatic send/receive checkbox, and make sure that the 30 value (or any other desired figure) is set in the enabled field.
- Once done, click Close to confirm the modifications.
- Back on the Outlook Options box, click OK to save the changes that you have made.
- Close and reopen the MS Outlook 2013 program to allow the changes to take effect.