The printed documents contain texts that were not visible on the Word document’s screen while editing, but are visible upon printing. There can be two reasons that may be causing this issue to arise.
The first cause of this issue can be because you may have accidentally moved the indents at the top border scale to set the text outside the page’s vicinity. To fix this, you will have to follow the below described simple steps:
- Initialize MS Word application from Start menu.
- On the indent scale adjuster located under the ribbon, click and adjust all the bar sliders, inside the page’s vicinity.
Note: These sliders must always be maintained between and under the page’s edge and margin. If you adjust these sliders correctly, there will be no text outside the visible field of the document, and no extra text will get printed which is not visible on the Word document’s screen.
The second cause of this issue could be, altered settings in MS Word. To remove this issue you have to follow these steps.
- Initialize the MS Word application from Start menu.
- On the MS Word Interface, select FILE from the menu tabs.
- On MS Word’s Info page, select Options from the left pane.
- On the Word Options window that opens up, click on Display category in the right pane.
- Under the Printing Options section, uncheck Print Hidden Text checkbox.
- Hit OK to save the changes.
Restart MS Word and try printing the same document. Your document will no longer display hidden text while printing.