These days using CD images or ISO are gaining popularity because they do not possess any danger of physical damage or similar vulnerabilities. So virtual drives and CD images are the best.
UltraISO is one of the most used virtual drive and image management programs. It utilizes most of the commonly used features available till date. UltraISO has a simple interface and effective functionality.
Virtual drive is a simulation of a CD drive. The only difference between the physical and virtual drive is that a virtual drive uses CD images while a physical drive uses a physical disc (CD/DVD). If you wish to play a DVD or CD on a virtual disc, all you have to do is mount the desired CD/DVD image on the virtual drive and it will run the image in a similar manner as any other physical drive runs a physical disc..
When the UltraISO application is installed on your computer, it automatically prompts you to create a virtual disc drive which is used for mounting images through the UltraISO program. However, sometimes your accidental or deliberate actions can make the virtual disc drive disappear from the computer, and you are unable to mount the images and play them.
If on your UltraISO you’re not able to view the virtual disc drive, all you have to do is follow the below described procedure to resolve the issue:
- Initialize the UltraISO program from the Start menu, using any account privileges.
- On the UltraISO’s interface window, click the Options menu from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down list that appears, click Configuration.
- On the Configurations box that appears, go to the Virtual Drive tab.
- On the displayed interface, choose 1 or 2 (or any desired number) from the Number of devices drop-down list.
- Click OK to save the changes.