- Initialize your Dreamweaver program from the Start menu, using any account.
- On the interface window, select File from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down list that will appear, click on Open.
- On the Open box that appears, locate and open the target HTML page.
- On the HTML page, select Source Code under the menu bar of Dreamweaver, and then select the area where you want to add the hyperlink.
- On the interface, select Insert from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down, click on Hyperlink.
- On the Hyperlink box that opens up, type Click here! after the Text input box, and provide the appropriate link with exact path after the Link input box and hit OK,
- Back on the interface, select File from the menu bar, click on Save from the drop-down to save the changes.
You will now view the hyperlink’s text in the design section of your Dreamweaver window. When you click on this text, the browser will transition to the link that is provided inside the hyperlink.
Note: If you wish to open the transition page of the hyperlink in a new tab, then while creating the hyperlink, click on the downward facing arrow after the ‘Target’ section. From the drop-down list that appears, select ‘Blank’ and save the hyperlink. The link will open in a new tab upon activation.