You can add or embed background music in the form of audio file which are commonly available. Adding audio can be done through several processes available online. One of them is by embedding a plug-in that supports MP3 file, and the plug-in plays it back when the homepage is initialized.
HTML5 can also embed an audio file using the audio tags. These tags operate in integration with the browser you are using to surf the webpages.
If you are wishing to add background music to your homepage to give it new touch, you can do so
by following the below described procedure:
- Initialize the Dreamweaver program, from the Start menu, using any account.
- On the interface, select File from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down list that appears, click on Open.
- On the open box that appears, browse and open the target page.
- On the interface, select Source Code under the menu bar, select an area inside the body tag.
- On the interface, select Insert from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down, select Media.
- From the sub drop-down list, select HTML5 Audio, inside the source tag provide the path for the audio file.
- For example :< audio controls>
<source src="audio/MyMusic.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser is not Compatible!
- Select File from the menu bar.
- Click on Save from the drop-down to save the changes.
Note: While embedding audio on your homepage always remember to give the exact syntax with exact path of the audio file that is stored on your local-host (or online).
If the audio does not work, this means that your browser does not support audio tags, and you need to upgrade to a newer version or a better browser.