While using Dreamweaver, you may have come along a task to add a table on your webpage. You can do so by following the below described steps using Dreamweaver:
- Initialize the Dreamweaver program from the Start menu.
- On the interface, select File from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down list that appears, click on Open.
- On the Open window that appears, browse and open your target webpage file.
- On the interface select Source Code under the menu bar.
- Select the part or DIV under which you wish to add the table.
- On the interface, select Insert from the menu bar.
- From the drop-down list that appears, click on Tables.
- On the Table box that appears, input 3, 3 in the Column: and Row: input area.
- Select File from the menu bar.
- Click on Save from the drop-down to save the changes.
A table will be inserted with blank rows, columns and headers on your webpage. You can view it in the design or split preview of the document.
You will see a set of three ‘TR’ tags, and inside them another set of three ‘TD’ tags. The first set of TR tags are for the uppermost row of the table, and the TD tags are its three respective columns. You can add the values in the respective TD tags that you wish to get the respective output.
You can also increase the border by giving some padding value while making the table, and can increase the width of the table with the help of the width attribute.