The personal information can be exported by using the wizard. In order to export or import, you need to have complete knowledge of export and import process, and the information of the device on which you wish to move the data.
The export of data is required when you are switching from one designation to another, or you are just changing the device on which you operate MS Outlook. You may also need to export your data from the device that you use at your office to your home device, so that you can back it up for any further processing.
For exporting the data, some instructions need to be followed, and that are given below:
- Initialize the MS Outlook 2013 application, from the Start menu.
- On the interface window, select FILE options from the menu bar.
- On the Outlooks Info page, select Options from the left pane.
- On the Outlook Options box that appears, select Advanced from the categories
situated in the left pane.
- On the box, under the Export section, click on the Export button.
- On the Import and Export Wizard box that opens up, under the Choose an Action to perform section, select the Export to a file option.
- Click on Next to continue.
- On the Export to a file box, under the Create a file of type section, select the
Outlook Data file (.pst).
- Click on Next button to proceed.
- On the Export Outlook Data File box, under the Select folder to export from section choose the appropriate account from the available list.
- Click on Next to proceed.
- Save the file to your desired destination, and click on Finish.
- On the prompt window for password that appears, choose ‘NO’ unless the data you create is extremely sensitive.
The above steps, when followed, will give you a file that can be moved to another device, and imported on the Outlook to synchronize the complete data.