To rectify the issue, Windows 8 administrators can update the existing graphics card driver either directly from the Internet, or by downloading the driver manually from the vendor’s official website, and then manually locating the downloaded file during the update process.
How to Download and Install Graphics Card Driver in Windows 8?
In order to download and install graphics card driver in Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Make sure that computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar to download the
latest version of drivers for the graphics card via Internet.
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of the zipped (.zip) file.
- Once extracted, hover the mouse to bottom right corner of the screen.
- From the displayed options, click Settings.
- From the Settings pane, click Control Panel.
- On the opened Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound category.
- On Hardware and Sound window, click Device Manager under Devices and Printers category from the right pane.
- On the opened Device Manager snap-in, click to expand Display adapters category.
- Once expended, right click device driver.
- From the displayed context menu, click Properties.
- On the displayed box, go to Driver tab.
- On the selected tab, click Update Driver.
- On the opened box, click Browse my computer for driver software.
- On Browse for driver software on the computer page, click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- On Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware page, click Have Disk at the bottom of the box.
- On Install From Disk box, click Browse button.
- On Locate File box, locate the folder where extracted files of the downloaded driver are saved.
- Once located, click to select the .INF file, and click Open.
- Back on Install From Disk box, click OK.
- Back on Select the device driver you want install for this hardware page, click Next.
- Wait while the graphics driver is successfully installed, and click Close.
- Once done, restart the computer in order to allow the changes to take effect.