Same is the case with ASUS ACPI whose function is to efficiently manage and distribute the power to all integrated and additionally connected devices on the motherboard.
Like everything else, ACPI also requires its corresponding drivers to work efficiently. However there might be times when ASUS machines fail to perform ACPI functions well due to incompatible, inappropriate, or missing ACPI drivers. When this is the case, the adequate and latest version of
ACPI drivers must be manually downloaded and installed on the ASUS computers in order to make them function properly and distribute the correct amount of power required by each device that is connected to the motherboard.
How to Download and Install ASUS Hotkey Service Driver for Windows 8?
In order to download and install ASUS hotkey service driver for Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account on which ASUS hotkey service driver is to be downloaded and installed.
- Make sure that computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Internet Explorer window, type the following address http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Eee_PC_1225B#s... in the address bar, and press Enter key.
- On the opened website, make sure that Download tab is selected.
- On the selected tab, choose the appropriate vision (64-bit or 32-bit) of Windows 8 installed on computer from the OS drop-down list. (Windows 8 64-bit in this demonstration)
- From the displayed category of drivers, click to expand Others category.
- From the available drivers, click Global (green floppy disc icon) under Hotkey service to start downloading the selected driver.
- Once downloaded, navigate to the location where downloaded zipped (.zip) file of driver resides.
- Unzip the contents of the zipped file.
- Once unzipped, right-click the setup file of the driver.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to provide the administrative consents in order to install the driver with the elevated privileges.
- On the displayed screen, follow on-screen instructions thereafter.