In organizations, professional or full versions of antivirus applications are purchased that are capable of protecting the computers more efficiently and provide enterprise level security to the data.
On the other hand, there are many vendors that develop free versions of antiviruses that can be downloaded and installed on home computers to protect them from virus attacks. All antivirus programs that are free for home use are efficient enough to protect domestic data, but are not strong enough to provide enterprise level of security to the information. Therefore it is recommended that the free versions of antivirus applications should always be used on home computers and never in production environments.
How to Download and Install Avast Free Antivirus in Windwos 8?
In order to download and install Avast free antivirus in Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account on which Avast free antivirus is to be downloaded and installed.
- Make sure that computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Internet Explorer window, type the following address http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239... in the address bar and press Enter key.
- From the opened website, click Download to initiate downloading process of Avast free antivirus.
- Once downloaded, navigate to the location where the downloaded Avast free antivirus installation file resides.
- Right-click the located installation file.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to provide the administrative consents to install the antivirus with the elevated privileges.
- On the opened avast! FREE ANTIVIRUS Setup interface, click Install avast! Free
- On Please configure your product page, ensure that Express Install radio button is
- Click Next to continue.
- On We value your privacy page, click Next to start Avast free antivirus installation process in Windows 8.
- Wait till the Avast free antivirus installed, and on next page, choose appropriate option as per the choice in order to register the product. Alternatively Skip the registration for now can also be clicked from the right bottom to register the product later.
- On Setup finished page, click Finish.