Under normal circumstances and in normal scenario, iTunes work perfectly fine. However there might be chances when users face some issues. For example, some users experience that the application regularly crashes every time they perform a certain action on it. Sometimes the software crashes even if it is initiated by the users, or any one particular user.
The reason behind this kind of obnoxious behavior of the application can be the incompatibility between the application and Windows 8. This may happen when either Windows 8 is updated, or Windows 7 is upgraded to Windows 8.
This issue can be resolved easily by uninstalling the current version of iTunes, downloading the most recent version of the application, and installing the downloaded software on Windows 8 computer using administrative privileges.
It is recommended, but not mandatory, that any Windows 8 compatible registry cleaner should be used to clean the registry and all entries of the older version of iTunes should be removed before installing the latest version of the application.
How to Download and Install Latest Version of iTunes in Windows 8?
In order to download and install iTunes in Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account on which iTunes is to be downloaded and installed.
- Make sure that computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
- On the opened Internet Explorer window, type the following address
http://appldnld.apple.com/iTunes11/041-9796.20130220.XM... in the address
bar and press Enter key to start downloading process of iTunes. (For 64-bit versions of Windows 8)
- Once downloaded, navigate to the location where downloaded iTunes setup file resides.
- Right-click the located setup file.
- From the displayed context menu, click Run as administrator.
- On User Account Control confirmation box, click Yes to provide the administrative consents in order to install the application with the elevated privileges.
- On the opened iTunes box, click Next.
- On Installation Options page, leave everything as default, and click Install to start the installation process.
- Once installed successfully, on the next page, click Finish.