Apart from the above discussed enhancements in Windows 8, there are several other things that are new to the operating system, and are worth giving attention.
One such advancement that Windows 8 has is the Charm Bar. The Charm Bar automatically appears when users hover mouse pointer to the top right or bottom right corner of the computer screen. The Charm Bar contains icons which, when clicked, help users reach different sections and places in Windows 8. For example, the Charm Bar has Start icon which users can click to go to the Start window. Likewise, the Settings icon on the Charm Bar can be clicked to go to places like Control Panel, PC settings window, etc.
If Windows 8 is installed on a Tablet PC or any other such device that supports touch screen, it is even easier for the users to access the Charm Bar. Reason behind this is that on the touch screen computers, users are just required to swap their finger to the top right or bottom right corner of the screen, which is far easier as compared to moving the mouse.
Some other icons that the Charm Bar has are Search, Share, and Devices that help users to look for any application or file, share the data, and manage hardware devices respectively.
How to View Charms Bar in Windows 8?
In order to view charms bar in Windows 8, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator or standard user account.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom or top right corner to view the charms bar.
- From the displayed charms bar, perform the desired tasks using any one of the available options.
Note: Alternatively Windows + C keys can also be pressed simultaneously to view the charms bar in Windows 8.
- On the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom left corner.
- From the displayed Start screen icon, click to navigate the Start screen. Optionally, right-click the displayed Start screen icon to view the advanced options.
- From the displayed menu, choose the desired option to perform its corresponding task.