In case you do not want the swipe feature to be enabled in your Windows 8.1 computer, you must follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the Windows 8.1 computer using the administrator account.
- From the Start screen, hover mouse to the bottom-right corner of the window.
- From the displayed Charms bar (assuming that the swipe is still enabled), click Settings.
- From the Settings pane that appears in the right, click Change PC settings from the bottom.
- On the opened PC settings window, from the left pane, click to select the PC and devices category.
- On the PC and devices window that comes up next, from the left pane, click to select the Corners and edges category.
- Once selected, from the right pane, under the App switching section, move the When I swipe in from the left edge, switch between my recent apps instead of showing a list of them button to the left to turn the swipe feature off.
- Also, under the Corner navigation section, move the When I point to the upper-right corner, show the charms button to the left to turn the swipe feature off.
As soon as you will perform the actions described above, the swipe feature will get disabled instantaneously. In order to go to the charms while keeping the swipe feature disabled, you must press the Windows + C keys simultaneously on the keyboard.