How to add or remove recent files from Quick Access in Windows 10
By JamieKavanagh See all their Tutorials
Quick Access is a new feature for Windows 10, replacing the old favorites menu. The idea is to make a space where all your most-used files or recently opened folders are available quickly. It is ideal for those who want fast access to most recent files or don’t want to hunt around for a recent document. While most links appear automatically, you can add or remove recent files in Quick Access in Windows 10 if you like. Here’s how.
To add files to Quick Access in Windows 10 you have to turn off the quick access function of Quick Access. It is counterintuitive, but if you want to add your own files this is how it is. In this way, the folder acts more like the old Favorites menu of Windows 8.
Add recent files to Quick Access in Windows 10
It is relatively simple to add a recent file to Quick Access in Windows 10. Unfortunately, to do this, you have to turn Quick Access off.
1. Open an Explorer window.
2. Click File in the top left corner.
3. Uncheck ‘Show frequently used folders in Quick access’.
4. Drag and drop the file or folder you want to add into the Quick Access window.
Remove recent files from Quick Access in Windows 10
Removing recent files from Quick Access is a little simpler. To remove resources, you do not have to turn it off.
1. Open an Explorer window if you closed it.
2. Right click on a file or folder and select ‘Remove from Quick Access’.
3. The resource should now disappear from the window.
If you like this, you might also like:
How to get into advanced startup options in Windows 10
How to add a show desktop shortcut to Windows 10
How to run compatibility mode in Windows 10