Troubleshoot and fix TouchPad issues on the HP Spectre X360
By JamieKavanagh See all their Tutorials
The TouchPad on the on the HP Spectre X360 is very sensitive and hasn’t been without its issues. Some users have complained that it would intermittently stop working or would stop responding altogether. If you need to troubleshoot and fix TouchPad issues on the HP Spectre X360, this tutorial is for you.
Fix TouchPad issues on the HP Spectre X360
First let us update the drivers if there is one available.
1. Navigate to the HP Support Assistant in your apps Window and open it. This will open a new HP window.
2. Select Updates and check for updates. If there is a newer driver found, move on to the next step. If there isn’t, move on to the next method.
3. Select download and install. Reboot your laptop if prompted.
If that doesn’t work, try turning the touchpad off and back on again. You do that by tapping twice in the top left of the touchpad. Leave it a couple of seconds and then repeat to turn it back on again. Retest.
Hard reset to fix TouchPad issues
If that doesn’t work, perform a hard reset of the HP Spectre X360. HP Support actually suggest doing this too so it isn’t just me.
1. Remove the laptop from the mains and remove any peripherals. That includes any USB mice, keyboard or other devices.
2. While powered on, hold down the power button for around 15 seconds. The laptop should power off but hold the button for the allotted time.
3. Connect the charger to the laptop and turn it on. The laptop should boot as normal and the touchpad should work once more.
For most users that I know of, one of these three options will surely fix the TouchPad issue. If they don’t work you can visit the HP TouchPad page for further advice or you may need to contact HP directly.