How to Pin Websites to the Taskbar in Windows 10
By knanan See all their Tutorials
One of the most popular features requested by Windows 10 users is the ability to pin websites to the taskbar. Microsoft has listened to customer feedback and has now introduced this feature to Microsoft Edge as of Build 16215 of the Windows Insider Program. Pinning websites to the taskbar allows you to quickly gain access to your favorite websites, saving the time it takes to launch the browser, type the web address and load the website.
In the tutorial, we shall take a look at the steps to pin a website to the taskbar in Windows 10. Before we begin, ensure that you are at least running Windows 10, Version 1709, Build 16215. You can verify this by going to the Start Menu > Settings > About and scrolling down to Windows specifications to view your current version and build. If you are not up to date, you can download the latest Creators update from Microsoft and enroll in the Windows Insider Program. Now that you have the latest update, let’s begin.
Pin Website to Taskbar Using Microsoft Edge
1. Launch Microsoft Edge and navigate to the website you wish to pin to the taskbar. In this example, we will be pinning tomsguide.com.
2. Click the “Settings and more” menu (the 3 horizontal dots) on the top right of the browser and click “Pin the page to the taskbar” option in the drop-down box.
3. That’s it! Your website is now pinned to the taskbar for easy accessibility. Note that the website will always open in Microsoft Edge even if it is not set as your default browser.
Pin Website to Taskbar Using Google Chrome
If you are using Chrome, you also have the ability to pin websites to the taskbar (this can be done even if you do not have the latest Fall Creators Update).
1. Launch Google Chrome and navigate to the website you wish to pin to the taskbar. Again, in this example, we will be pinning tomsguide.com.
2. Click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” menu (the 3 vertical dots) on the top right of the browser, go down to “More tools” and click “Add to desktop”.
3. In the “Add to desktop” dialog box, create a name for the shortcut and click the “Add” button to add the shortcut to the desktop.
4. Go to your desktop and right-click on the shortcut you created, then click “Pin to taskbar”. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the shortcut from the desktop to the taskbar.